Saturday, May 29, 2010

Bear with us


We felt especially blessed to see a black bear putting on a show. Of course the Ranger wouldn't let us get too close.

This snow was fun but after the evening John Muir performance (same guy who did the Burn's PBS documentary on NPs as Muir's voice) we had to drive out of the park in a snowfall - three hours of tense driving for Gary AND Ava. We learned that the next morning they held up all traffic for and hour and half while the snowplows cleared the same road. We, on the otherhand, gratefully slept in.














We know this is a long first blog but WiFi is hard to come by - and this is our first try.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. It is great to see so many photos and read all of the commentary! You guys look fabulous with mountains behind you! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Arwen you do look fab with the mountains in the background! I am glad that things are going well and y'all are staying warm! Keep up the great posts and pics we are living vicariously through you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, friends!
    You guys look like you're having a BLAST! :-) I'm so glad you started a blog, as I've been wondering about your adventures and how your travels are coming (or going?).
    Ava, I thought of you when I discovered a night heron sitting on the edge of my pond this afternoon. I think he felt reaaaally comfortable with all the screening afforded him by the enormous iris you gave me!!
    Gary, you have been in my thoughts lately too; with school out, I've had lots more time to experiment with breads and making things with different kinds of flours. In fact I've got a batch of your sourdough rising in the kitchen right now. Stirred some teff flour into it this time. It worked really well with my yeast bread; we'll see how it behaves with the starter.
    I'm amazed at all your photos. What a blessing to share such a wonderful adventure in such an inspiring place! Jimmy and I honeymooned in the Pacific NW. Seeing all your pics makes me want to return sooner rather than later.
    Bless you both; we love and admire you so much! -Jimmy and Jenn

    ReplyDelete